If you have been injured in an accident abroad, you need expert advice on what action you can take to obtain compensation.

Levenes can act for you to recover compensation for a range of accidents abroad.

The sort of cases we can help you with include:

In most cases, where you live in England or Wales, you are entitled to make your claim when you return home - you do not have to travel back to the country where the accident occurred in order to attend court or medical examinations.

In many cases, we are able to settle out of court, but where we do have to start court proceedings, we can proceed in the High Court or County Court in England or Wales.

In some cases, although the case will be decided by an English (or Welsh) judge, foreign law determines liability, or "blame" and quantum - the amount you can claim.

A number of our lawyers are members of the Pan-European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers and have excellent contacts with law firms in other countries. We have access to advice on questions of foreign law, if they arise in your case.

The law does vary from country to country, and it is important to make sure that the right advice is obtained.

Many of our lawyers are fluent in foreign languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian, Turkish, Hungarian and Russian. This makes it easier for us to obtain police reports and medical reports and to liaise on your behalf with foreign lawyers where the need arises. Some are dual qualified and have a working knowledge of the legal systems in other countries.

If you have suffered an injury in an accident abroad, call us on 0800 048 2355 and find out how we can help you.